Head Softball Coach
- Dean Clark – Coach Dean Clark is married to Sandra Clark. He has a daughter, Heather, who graduated from Madison Academy and a son, Matthew, who is currently a junior at MA. Coach Clark was the MA middle school assistant softball coach for 2 years and the MA middle school head softball coach for 14 years. His teams won 268 games, including 6 county championships and 2 second place finishes in the 8 years that they competed in the county division. The 2010 middle school team had an undefeated 27-0 season. Coach Clark has been the MA varsity head softball coach for the past 5 years. His teams have won 125 games and have made 4 regional tournament appearances. Coach Clark’s hobbies include golf, bowling, making family trips, University of Alabama sports, fantasy baseball, and loosing to his son in fantasy football.
- Jon Liddie – Coach Jon Liddie enters his 5th year coaching softball at Madison Academy. He has 8 years of A class travel softball coaching experience (Chattanooga Fury, Sparks, Birmingham Vipers) and 4 years of travel baseball coaching experience (VBA, NA Predators). He has also provided hitting instruction to baseball and softball players at all levels for the past 11 years.
- Chrissa Mayhall – Coach Chrissa Mayhall has been an assistant softball coach at Madison Academy since 2015. A 2007 graduate of MA, she played 3rd base and pitched for the mustangs during two state tournament appearances. Following high school, she played softball for Snead State Community College and then for the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH), during which time UAH placed second in the NCAA Division II Women’s College World Series. While at UAH, she earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees in engineering. She is currently working towards a PhD from Texas Tech University and also works as an aerospace engineer. In addition to coaching softball at MA, Coach Mayhall has been coaching travel softball since 2013.
- Nicky Faught – Coach Nicky Faught has been an assistant coach at Madison Academy during various years since 1996, when the school transitioned from slowpitch to fastpitch softball. His daughter was on the first MA softball state championship team in 2000. He was principal of MA when Brandi Brown Hall entered as head coach for several years. During these years, MA had 4 softball state tournament appearances. Furthermore, as principal he is proud that he helped bring in Dean Clark, who has had over 260 victories, to coach the middle school softball team.
- Ally Murphree– Coach Ally Murphree is starting her first year as an assistant softball coach at Madison Academy. Ally is a graduate of Huntsville High School where she played softball and volleyball. She also played 9 years of travel ball for UAH coach Les Stuedeman and Mississippi State Coach Vann Stuedeman. During her high school career, she helped her team reach the class 6A state finals two years in a row. Following high school, she attended Auburn University and earned degrees in Kinesiology, Elementary Education and Special Education. Ally has been at Madison Academy for the past five years as an elementary teacher. She has taught 2nd grade and is currently teaching 5th grade! Coach Ally is married to 2003 MA graduate, Todd Murphree. Together they have two boys: Asher (3rd grader at MA) and Weston (2nd Grader at MA).